9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Retirement Seminar - November 10
The Office of Benefits & Retirement Services has scheduled a Retirement Seminar for Tuesday, November 10, at the Kelly Leadership Center, in conference room 1101, from 5 - 7 p.m. The seminar is designed for employees who are considering retirement within the next two years.
Valuable information will be presented by a representative from the Virginia Retirement System (VRS), a Lincoln Alliance retirement consultant, and Office of Benefits & Retirement Services staff. Topics will include VRS retirement, Social Security, retiree health insurance, Retirement Opportunity Program (ROP) and supplemental retirement benefits. Spouses are invited to attend. Please RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org by November 5 and indicate the number attending.
Virginia Retirement System (VRS) - 2015 Member Benefit Profile (MBP)
You’re on the right road to move forward. Plan for tomorrow, today.
The MBP is your online benefits statement providing important information about your retirement and other benefits as of June 30. You’ll find it by logging into your myVRS online account. Plan your retirement strategy today!
View your MBP now. Go to www.varetire.org/myVRS to log in or create a secure online account.
Note: The MBP is not available to employees covered under the Hybrid Retirement Plan. Hybrid participants can view their account balance in myVRS.
Employees will notice VRS retirement and group life insurance fringe benefits will appear on their fall pay statements.
The Virginia Retirement System (VRS) contributions for 10 month employees will resume September 15, 2015. Employees who are scheduled for 19 regular pays (Bus Drivers, Bus Attendants, and Food Service workers) will have their VRS deductions taken from October 15, 2015 through June 30, 2016. Please contact the Office of Benefits and Retirement Services at BENEFITS@pwcs.edu or the Payroll Office PWCSPayrollOffice@pwcs.edu if you have questions.
Flexible Spending Benefits for Dependent Care Reimbursements
Prince William County Public Schools offered the “mySourceCard” debit card as a part of the Flexible Spending Health Care Reimbursement Program for the Plan Year beginning July 1, 2015. As a point of clarification, Dependent Care expenses are not an allowable expense for the debit card. Our plan does not allow these expenses to be processed via the mySourceCard. The mySourceCard allows you to pay for Health Care Reimbursement expenses with the swipe of a card!
If you have questions on claim processing and eligible expenses, contact Sheakley at 800-877-6630 or email: email@example.com. Directions on claim processing are available on the Benefits Web Page.
All 2014-2015 Flexible Spending Plan participants must file claims for by September 30, 2015 for the plan year ending June 30, 2015. Claims must be filed directly with Sheakley, the plan administrator. You may locate the claim forms at www.Sheakley.com, or they may be found on the Benefits page at www.pwcs.edu under Forms.
- Employees who are unable to spend their HEALTH CARE REIMBURSEMENT funds prior to the end of the 2014-2015 plan year, June 30, 2015, have an extra 2 1/2 months, after the plan year-end, to incur eligible expenses before forfeiting unused funds. It is essential to understand that the use-it-or-lose-it rule still exists, but the extension greatly softens the blow by allowing you more time to use your unspent FSA balances.You have until September 15, 2015 to INCUR qualified health care expenses to exhaust your 2014-2015 plan year balance.
- The 90 day grace period deadline will end September 30, 2015 to FILE YOUR CLAIM for reimbursement of any health care expenses you want applied to the 2014/15 plan year.
If you have any questions regarding your claims submission or payments please contact Sheakley at 800-877-6630.
Flexible Benefits at your fingertips
- VIEW ACCOUNTS — Including detailed account and balance information
- VIEW CARD ACTIVITY — Account Information
- MANAGE SUBSCRIPTIONS — Set up email notifications to keep you up-to-date on all account and health debit card activity.
- SNAPCLAIM™ — Our Mobile App for iPhone® and Android® with integrated SnapClaim™ technology allows claims filing using your smartphone! Just open a claim using the mobile app, fill in some details onscreen, take a photo of your receipt with your smartphone camera, and upload. Claims filing couldn’t be easier!
Flexible Spending Health Care Reimbursement Plan
“mySourceCard” Debit Card Issued for 2015 Plan Year
The mySourceCard MasterCard® Debit Card Virtually Eliminates:
- Out-of-Pocket Expenses
- Claim Forms
- Reimbursement Checks
This MasterCard debit card transfers funds from employee benefit accounts directly to qualified providers with no out-of-pocket cost and no need to file a claim for reimbursement.
The mySourceCard can be used at any qualified service provider that accepts MasterCard. Additionally, the mySourceCard will be accepted at merchant locations using the Inventory Information Approval System (IIAS). Participants may use the mySourceCard for eligible health care expenses such as medical deductibles, copayments not covered by a health plan, prescriptions, dental and vision expenses. Please also keep your receipts for verification if contacted by Sheakley to audit expenses charged to your card.
The mySourceCard card will be mailed to your home address. Look for it in your home mailbox around June 25, 2015. If you will require a second card you may request one using this form . Please fax your completed form to Sheakley, the plan administrator, at 513-326-8082. You will not be charged for your first and second card. Additional cards will require you to pay a fee per card. You may use the card as of July 1, 2015 for expenses for the 2015 Plan Year (July 1, 2015 – June 30, 2016). Please contact Sheakley, at 1-800-877-6630, with any questions.
In the newsletter:
- FSA Reimbursement Debit Card
- Web Access – Employee Self Service
- Flexible Spending (FSA) 2 ˝ month extension for 2014 -2015
- 2015-2016 Employee Premiums
- Summer Payment Statements and VRS Contributions
- Tuition Reimbursement Program Update
- Keep Your Address & Email Updated
View it at the following link:
Benefits Office Publications page